Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Crossroads


For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to be a lawyer. I don't know why, (probably the high consumption of T.V. dramas like Law & Order) but now that I have been thinking about it, I don't think it is the best fit for me. As a matter of fact, I kind of think it would be boring. I just don't like the idea of being stuck in one place for the rest of my working life. I also don't like the idea of the ball and chain that come with the job. If I did end up in law, I would like to practice immigration law, or even family law. The money would be good, but I just don't think that is what I want to do as far as a career. However, this semester I am in Plsci 376, U.S. foreign policy. My professor has been giving us the pitch for the foreign services. Honestly, She has been doing a good job selling the foreign services. She seems to really like what she does/did. I think I would enjoy this career a little more than the other(lawyer). My head is not in the clouds, I realize that the foreign services is extremely competitive; however, what isn't competitive right now. I am still conflicted, but I am leaning more towards the foreign services. What do you think?



Lawyer???
Foreign Services?

2 comments:

Michele said...

I say go with what seems less likely to make you bored. Lawyers are fine and dandy, but will you always be happy doing the same thing all the time? That is a toss up.

politicchic6 said...

I actually intended to go to Law School before my mission, I briefly considered the Foreign Service as well. You might as well take the FS exam because you never know.